National Sales Director
Reports to: CEO
The Good Day Chocolate (GDC) National Sales Director will be our central sales leadership position accountable for directing and managing all of GDC’s sales activities. While this position will be responsible for hiring, building, and managing a larger sales team over time, this is a hands-on position that requires frequent travel.
In this position, you will need to be a dynamic individual that is at once highly motivated and deadline driven, while also possessing the patience and poise that the packaged food and supplement community appreciates. You’ll be relied upon for your communication, negotiation, and teamwork skills.
This role will be responsible for setting up and managing relationships and sell-in/sell-through benchmarks with brokers, contractors, distributors, and retailers. Simultaneously, you will be responsible for our retail and distributor marketing strategy and oversight.
You will be joining a small family of core team members who value making smart decisions, achieving and celebrating wins, and executing against a common strategy.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Efficiently manage sales and open new doors in line with GDC’s gross margin and distribution strategy
- Build annual strategic sales and promotional plans
- Manage relationships and set clear direction for brokers to meet sales targets, gross margin goals, replenishment and distribution priorities. Set-up strong communication, processes, and tools to help sales team exceed plan
- Act as primary contact representing the company/brand to key accounts. Establish great relationships with retail executives and strategic decision makers within their organizations.
- Allocate, monitor, and manage financial resources to achieve volume and profit goals including trade/market development funds, slotting/free fill, etc.
- Collect and analyze sales data, use data to improve and understand performance and opportunities.
- Monthly sales data reporting and planning meetings with executive team
- Attend Good Day Chocolate board meetings to deliver sales and performance updates and participate in Q&A
- Create a clear replenishment strategy
- Work with CEO and Operations to plan inventory levels and growth projections, manage sales forecasts, and project marketing/trade budgets
- Head up selling activities at trade shows
- Manage trade marketing/promotion and pricing strategies
- Develop a culture of service and accuracy in delivering our product to our retailers and customers. We want to be helpful and reliable to do business with.
- Communicate new business and product opportunities gathered through sales activities. Participate in development of these new product offerings
- Monitor market and retailer activity to develop the most cost-effective strategies and market specific programs to drive volume and profitability through increased account penetration and promotion.
- Manage and lead sales staff within the organization as necessary
- Frequent travel required
- Minimum 5 years experience in Consumer Packaged Goods sales into conventional, natural, mass, food service, and club stores
- Prior experience in fast growth startup environment, preferably in CPG
- Prior experience working with food and/or supplement brokers, distributors, and retailers
- Prior experience in budgeting, planning, and evaluating CPG Sales & Marketing plans
- Results oriented, highly motivated, ability to creatively identify and resolve issues with customers and partners
- You will be joining a passionate, hard working team with a ‘can do’ attitude. You’ll be successful if you’re the same.
- Ability to frequently travel throughout the US
- Proficient in all things Mac & PC