Reports to: CEO
Location: Boulder, Colorado
The Good Day Chocolate Marketing Director will be our central marketing leadership position, accountable for directing and managing all of Good Day Chocolate’s consumer, digital, and event marketing. You will collaborate with sales, operations, and the executive team on trade, operations, and corporate programs and activities. More than that, you’ll be joining a fast growing startup that’s attempting category creation. If you’re the right fit, you already understand the challenges of category creation in consumer products that lie before you.
To accomplish this, you are a curious person who finds joy in a job well done. You’re strategic and action oriented, a highly organized planner, a skilled collaborator, and you have 5+ years of relevant experience. You’ll be joining a small family of core team members who value making smart decisions, achieving and celebrating wins, and executing against a common strategy.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Direct the seamless execution of marketing tactics, plans, and objectives that you will be largely responsible for creating
- Maintain focus on brand strategy and delivering marketing initiatives to further reinforce that strategy
- Marketing planning including roadmap for marketing activities and growth goals
- Use sales and marketing data to continuously improve marketing impact and ROI
- Coordinate all shopper and consumer marketing, demos, and other distributor and retailer focused programs
- Assist in developing customer service strategy and maintaining best practices
- Create and manage marketing budgets and creative resources for executing programs across: wholesale and distributor marketing and advertising, communications, consumer acquisition, direct marketing, search, paid and earned media, e-comm, and more
- Manage consumer programs, sampling initiatives, and events
- Collaborate with sales on shopper-marketing including in store demos, POS, promotional materials, coupons, etc.
- Work closely with sales and operations on strategy, execution, and planning
- Manage outside and inside resources across brand creative, brand agency, logistics, tech, and financial to create best-in-class consumer and trade programs
- Assist in copy development for new products and line extensions
- Lead management of coupon strategy and execution
- Run point on industry tradeshows
- Support internal sales presentations
- Bachelor's degree, Masters preferred
- A minimum of five years marketing or brand management experience in the food, supplement, or consumer packaged goods industry required
- Maestro level planning, organizational, project management, interpersonal, written and oral communication, and presentation skills
- Fully competent with Mac OS, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Bonus if you bring basic Photoshop/Illustrator chops
- Proven ability to get things done independently as well as work collaboratively with small and large teams
- Proficient in Data Tools industry data tools, (SPINS, IRI, etc)
- Results oriented, highly motivated, ability to creatively identify and resolve issues with customers and partners
- You will be joining a passionate, hard working team with a ‘can do’ attitude. You’ll be successful if you’re the same.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org