Open Positions at Good Day Chocolate!
Business Development Director – Specialty Channels
Reports to: VP of Sales
Location: Boulder, CO (possible flexibility)
The Business Development Director, Specialty Channels will increase Good Day Chocolate’s product portfolio sales and manage existing business within direct and distributor serviced environments. You’ll be joining a fast-growing entrepreneurial company that’s disrupting functional snacking and supplements. If you’re the right fit, you understand the landscape and can successfully think on your feet and outside of the box to create wins in an often-ambiguous environment.
To be successful in this role, you’re strategic, proactive, creative, well connected in the customer and distributor set, an excellent planner, well organized, and a highly skilled communicator and collaborator. You are willing to dive in and do whatever is needed to achieve our goals. You have 5+ years of relevant experience, yet you’re a continuous learner and improver. You’ll be joining a small family of core team members who value making quick and informed decisions, achieving and celebrating wins, and executing against a common strategy with a ‘can do’ attitude
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Develop and execute short and long term go-to-market strategies, distribution models and partners to explode Good Day Chocolate’s footprint within key Small Format, Travel & Leisure, Foodservice, Convenience, Hospitality, Institutional, Concessions, Universities, and other alternative channels.
- Cultivate new business using all available methodologies (i.e. networking, cold calling, lead lists, market research, competitive intelligence, industry resources, third parties (distributors/brokers) and technology)
- Initiate, expand and manage customer, distributor and broker relationships within the channel sets.
- Create custom programs as applicable to develop channel opportunities
- Build and manage customer/distributor promotional calendars to designated spending guidelines
- Develop action plans to address challenges and maximize opportunities
- Attend customer, broker and distributor meetings, trade shows, events and market visits as appropriate.
- Contribute to company sales forecasts for channel(s) of responsibility
- Create sales reports, presentation slides and customer-ready content as needed for internal and external meetings
- Regularly evaluate, track and report customer/channel data as available, including trends and voids/opportunities.
- Apply available POS, distributor and syndicated data for planning, fact- based selling and post promotional evaluation and ROI analysis.
- Collaborate with marketing, finance and operations on planning, strategy, and execution
- Train brokers, distributors and customer teams as applicable
- Assist finance with deduction management as needed
- Bachelor's degree with business emphasis preferred
- 5+ years natural and conventional CPG sales experience within food, supplement, or HBC/NBC categories.
- Track record of success and increasing responsibility
- Excellent communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong customer management/relationship management skills
- Distributor and broker management experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset, creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with conceptual selling and sales forecasting using data, industry tools, trade math, margin optimization
- Fully competent with Mac OS, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to design and deliver presentations to various levels of customers’ organization
- Must be self-motivated, curious and comfortable with ambiguity typical of a young and growing company
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Adapt and flex to frequently changing internal and external environments
Ability to thrive while multitasking and wearing several hats
- Requires full range of body motion including walking, standing, stooping, bending, and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 40 pounds
- May require irregular work hours and travel
- Occasional high stress situations may occur in dealing with customers
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.